Woof! Fashion’s Night Out Festivities For All
Designer appearances and major parties are in the works for Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) on Friday, September 8th in New York during Fashion Week. We already filled you in on Alexander Wang’s freak show, but now more details have surfaced about the upcoming evening, which is gearing up to the biggest FNO yet. Events are planned in major cities all over the world (including Japan), as well as online (can’t leave the e-tailer’s out). If you’re looking for some celebrities, models, and designers then you might want to swing by some of these NYC happenings on the 8th…There’s even a designer doggy fashion show.
First you need to be able to navigate the terrain, luckily the FNO website has a detailed guide, as well as, a handy iPhone and Andriod app. Volkswagon is also joining the festivities with their Style Express– they’ll be zooming shoppers nonstop between uptown & downtown.
Now let’s get to some standout events:
- - Tilda Swinton will be appearing with the brand Pringle of Scotland and Ne-Yo will be signing hats, oh and we hope to catch Prabal Gurung there too!
Macy’s [Herald Square]
- - Appearances include Tommy Hilfiger, Coco Rocha, Sandra Lee, ANTM‘s Miss J, Bobbi Brown, Anna Dello Russo (with by Karolina Kurkova), Rachel Roy, Amar’e Stoudemire, and Diddy
- - Performances from Joss Stone, Kelly Rowland, and a Gucci Guilty dance party DJed by Samantha Ronson
- - Rachel Zoe will be celebrating the launch of her new line
- - Erin Wasson is going to be on hand to promote her collection for Zadig & Voltaire
- - Michael Kors will make hanging out in Bergdorf’s windows in celebration of the retailer stocking his pieces for thirty years
- - Designers Alexandra Vidal, Badgley Mischka, Bibhu Mohapatra, Cushnie & Ochs, John Barrett, Joseph Altuzarra, Kimberly McDonald, Laurance Dacade, Lela Rose, Nicholas Varney, Pamella Roland, Reem Acra & Wes Gordon will all take to the catwalk with their K9′s in tow for a doggy fashion show. Judging will be fierce with Marchesa designers Georgina Chapman & Keren Craig, Santiago Gonzalez, and BagSnob’s Tina Craig in charge of awarding best in show
- - The lovely Oscar de la Renta will signing his limited-edition “Face of Fashion” fall palette made by Le Métier de Beauté