Nov 25, 2010
Have you finished stuffing your face with turkey, mashed potatoes aaand pie? Good because that might be your last meal until the apocalypse, and by apocalypse I mean the other way the world goes dark…the day after Thanksgiving aka BLACK FRIDAY! This is probably the craziest shopping day of the year and depending on your point of view, it can be celebrated or feared. And NO, while I’m NOT one of those crazies waking up at 4am in hopes of snagging a new giant TV or iPad, I AM nice enough to help you navigate the chaos (although in all honesty, I’d rather just watch). You can totally thank me when your Black Friday doesn’t end up a black and blue Friday as you find your way through the crowds of whiny teens and crazy housewives waiting for Nordstrom to open at 8am to snag discounted Juicy bag.
Okay so brace yourselves, here it goes….
1. CAFFEINE FIRST. (Do I really even need to make this point?)
2. Wear comfy shoes and clothes! If you’re going to be darting into stores you don’t want to fall down or deal with excessive layers of clothing. I don’t care if it’s cold outside, you’re going to be INSIDE a store, don’t dress like a fool and remember flats are your best friend when it comes to hunting errr shopping.
3. And since we’re talking about being inside stores…please please please DON’T be that jerk in the fitting tyring on more than 6 pieces, there’s a reason there is a max count and seriously, come on…are you really going to buy all of it?
4. Got a (cute) kid? Congratulations! LEAVE THEM AT HOME.
5. Make a list of the items you are looking for and for whom…But most importantly, don’t forget to shop for yourself – hey, if you’re waking up that early you deserve a presents too!
6. Partner up…but with a less fashionable friend!!! Why? They’ll almost always be willing to save you a place in line while you continue to shop. DUH.
7. Definitely bring loose change…but not for parking meters, no no no! To pay off that lil kid waiting in front of you for his spot in line.
8. Always carry bottle of water with you…Black Friday can be dehydrating!
9. When it’s all over, go home, have some delicious leftovers…and TAKE A NAP!
If you don’t believe when I’m telling you be prepared…watch the video below for a little Black Friday apocalyptic chaos courtesy of Saturday Night Live!