Mar 25, 2011
Tom Ford’s Five Commandments For Men
If comedian Joel McHale wasn’t able to guide in the direction of the Modern Man, then leave it to fashion master Tom Ford to set you straight. The designer recently posed for the cover of the S/S issue of AnOther Man, which is the sister, er rather brother publication to AnOther magazine. Interviewed by Jefferson Hack, Ford revealed five commandments on how to be a modern gentleman. Guys should definitely take note, because women and men all over the globe (including myself) swoon over Ford’s impeccable style and debonair appearance.
Tom Ford’s 5 Gentlemanly Commandments:
1. You should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the world because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.
2. A gentleman today has to work. People who do not work are so boring and are usually bored. You have to be passionate, you have to be engaged and you have to be contributing to the world.
3. Manners are very important and actually knowing when things are appropriate. I always open doors for women, I carry their coat, I make sure that they’re walking on the inside of the street. Stand up when people arrive at and leave the dinner table.
4. Don’t be pretentious or racist or sexist or judge people by their background.
5. A man should never wear shorts in the city. Flip-flops and shorts in the city are never appropriate. Shorts should only be worn on the tennis court or on the beach.
Now those are some wise words on how to act and treat a lady. I also totally agree on the flip-flop comment, there’s nothing worse than a hot guy with bad shoes, er feet. Thank you Tom Ford!
Oh and while we we don’t have the cover shot in our database just yet, I hope you’re enjoying the behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot by photographer, Jeff Burton.